Meet Doreen Davis
Candidate for Catskill County Legislator, District 1
Doreen Davis is a resident of Palenville, a hamlet in the Town of Catskill, where she maintains a home with her husband Crane, two dogs and a cat. She is a native of upstate NY, born in Washington County where her family owned a summer resort on Lake Lauderdale. She is a graduate of The Catholic University of America and a retired executive from the pharmaceutical company, Merck. During her tenure at Merck she led the hospital division in the infectious disease area including HIV/AIDS, critical care and vaccines. Upon retirement, Davis involved herself in the local community, finding candidates for local government and eventually running herself and serving as supervisor of the Town of Catskill from 2016-2020. During her tenure she oversaw economic growth and infrastructure development and was known as a non partisan collaborative leader committed to getting things done.
Why Doreen is running
I have a proven track record of achieving clearly defined goals by working with and leading groups to achieve common goals. With budgets in my career that exceeded $100M and my governmental experience as Town Supervisor, I believe I can make a real contribution to the growth and betterment of Greene County.
My healthcare background and extensive business experience are skills that I believe a legislature in a rural community could benefit from in a rapidly changing environment. Any team thrives when members contribute different perspectives based on their life experiences.
Five Things You Didn't Know
1. I played ‘center’ on the girls basketball team…….hard to believe I know.
2. I play Words with Friends and Candy Crush…. a lot.
3. My first job was at the age of 4. I was the smallest member of the family who could fit in the deli case and clean shelves where the meats and cheeses were stored.
4. I am a lifelong Yankee fan. My grandmother had pictures of the pope and Mickey Mantle on the walls of her home. My birthday is the same day as Roger Maris!
5. I am the proud grandmother of the cutest grandson ever, Grant Crane Fuller